"HCE" under the house without walls confirms a commitment to membership open to
all, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, handicap or national
Home Community Education Club
Deer Park, Wisconsin 54007
formerly Deer Park Homemakers
The Wisconsin Association for Home and Community Education,
Inc., is a non-profit educational organization comprised of member associations
in 59 counties in Wisconsin. The organization is unique in that members extend
the information they receive from the University faculty and other reliable
sources to the membership and community. Program planning and leadership
training are provided by a collaborative effort of WAHCE, Inc. and the UW-Extension Family
Living Program. The UW-Extension faculty serve as advisors to both the state
and county HCE Associations. Education programs are developed after careful
study of statewide concerns.
- Our Goals are:
- To provide continuing education for members and others on issues that
will strengthen families and communities.
- To develop and improve leadership skills of members.
- To build coalitions with other organizations and agencies having
similar objectives and concerns as WAHCE, Inc.
- To promote friendships and understanding with all people of the
HCE filling "love bags" as our project this spring to give to Grace Place. The
bags will contain toiletries, books for kids, blankets, stuffed animals, and
other items that someone can call their own when taken from their home and
placed somewhere else temporarily..
About Deer Park's HCE
- Deer Park's HCE has 15 members.
- Originated and participate in the Holiday Fair the first Saturday in
- Pick up ditches along County Road H.
- Sell pies at the Lions spring dinner with proceeds of the pie sales
usually going to help with a Lions' projects.
- Donate money to charitable organizations, including the Deer Park Library
and Community Center.
- Take in cultural events such as going to plays, etc, as a group.
- Meet the third Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. usually at the Community
Center, but sometimes whichever member is serving may decide to hold the
meeting in her home.
- Go on tours.
- Exchange craft ideas.
- Attend St. Croix County HCE events and learning sessions.
- Our members range in age from a new mother to great-grandmothers, and we
have fun learning from each other and socializing.
- Activities and events are provided to all clientele on a
nondiscriminatory basis without regard to race, color, national origin,
creed or economic circumstance.
Community-wide Garage Sale Memorial Day Weekend
Several people in the Deer Park community will hold garage
sales Memorial Day weekend. Open dates will be put on the maps. The price of
the joint ad will be paid by all the people participating and they will have
their sale location printed on a map to be distributed the days of the sales.
Participants may contact Char Croes to be included on the map and in the ad to
be placed in the newspapers.